This is an old post, preserved for reference.
The products and services mentioned within are no longer available.
As I am starting to put together the kits for the second batch of Mini PET boards, I thought it would be useful to go through the options available.
- W65C02S CPU running at 1MHz
- 32K RAM
- 20K BASIC / OS, 2x4K option ROMs
- Original BASIC 1/2/4
- Custom Mini PET BASIC 4
- Built in ROM/RAM self test
- Compatible with most Commodore PET software and peripherals, with the following exceptions:
- The screen is 40 columns only, so any 80 column (mainly business) software will not look correct on any 40 column PET
- There is no CRTC chip, so any software (mainly later demos) that needs a CRTC will not work
- The CPU socket is not pin compatible with the original NMOS 6502, so nothing that plugged into the 6502 socket will work.
- There are no internal power headers (but these were generally only used in conjunction with the CPU socket above).
- 2x W65C21N and 1x W65C22N providing the following IO ports
- IEEE-488 bus for disk drives / printers
- Userport with 8 bit parallel port
- 8x10 keyboard matrix
- 2x Commodore Datasette connectors (compatible with C2N and 1530)
- Piezo sounder connected to CB2 (as required by Invaders and as fitted to later PETs)
- 1K video RAM providing 40x25 character based display, via one of the following:
- Composite video, monochrome PAL / NTSC
- PET 9" monitor
- PET 12" monitor
- Single 9V DC supply from external supply or PET transformer, 170mA
- Self assembly kits.
- Modest soldering skills are required.
- All through hole parts.
- All brand new and currently in production.